The project is implemented Under the auspices of Ukrainian National Platform of Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum with the support from European Union and International Renaissance Foundation, in the framework of grant program of Civic Synergy project
The goal of the project is to facilitate accessibility of air flights through harmonization of the EU and Ukraine’s legislation in aviation sphere.
For most of Ukrainian citizens air transport is not accessible due to high prices. Implementing the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement in the part regulating field of civic aviation provides for signing and implementation of the Common Aviation Area Agreement between Ukraine and the EU (CAAA). Signing and implementing CAAA will, on the one hand, facilitate air transport accessibility and gradual decrease of prices and on the other hand, it will enhance air flights security and facilitate development of international transport corridors.
CAAA also provides for incorporation into Ukrainian legislation of 64 EU regulations and directives in the field of civic aviation.
The following goals are to be achieved in the framework of the project:
- to start a permanent and stable dialogue between civic society and responsible state authorities to harmonize EU and Ukraine’s legislation in the field of civic aviation;
- to compare progress of Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia regarding harmonization of national and EU legislation, to create policy brief “Aviation vector of Eastern partnership: estimation of progress of Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia in approaching EU aviation legislation”;
- to deliver suggestions for changes to Air Code of Ukraine and order of simplified adoption of legal acts in the field of civic aviation by the Cabinet;
- to find out most typical problems of developing people-to-people contacts which are caused by improper regulation of the field of civic aviaton
- to hold 2 round tables “How to overcome barriers between Ukraine and the EU in civic aviation dimension” in Odesa and Lviv
The project is linked to Open Sky Initiative project implemented by Europe without barriers in 2016.