The greatest achievement of the project is implementation of following recommendations made by the experts of EWB to optimize the workflow with applicants for the biometric passports:
- Simplification of paperwork procedure with the addition of electronic queue for the applicants.
- Corrupt practice of collect additional funds from applicants was stopped after State Entity “Document” was withdrawn from the State Migration Service divisions (SE “Document” offered same services as SMS, but with higher prices)
- Optimized and improved visualization of information for the applicants.
The project identified trends in visa policy of EU and Schengen and compared it to the previous period. The information was systematized in regard to the situation with biometric data collection by the consulates.
Among other developments:
– Analytical research report on visa practice of the Schengen countries was made, recommendations for optimizing the workflow with applicants and recommendations, aimed at the European Commission and EU Office in Ukraine, were developed to properly organize work with consular offices and applicants
- Infographics with a rating for visa practice
- Infrographics with a rating for issuing passports (in Ukrainian)
- Presentation of the results of monitoring issuance of biometric passports by the State Migration Service of Ukraine, Kyiv branch (in Ukrainian)
With support of: IRF, European Program